Monday 7 November 2011

Vallejo Primer Update

A couple of weeks ago, I was saying about my discovery of the Vallejo Primer. Well, now that I have used it a few times since then and generally I'm still pleased with it. But this weekend I used it on the Hawk.


It went on the model without any trouble as previous. Only this time, I noticed some gaps in a couple of joints so as normal did a bit of filling as usual. It was only when I went to rub down these areas, that I noticed the primer was peeling off the model!


This has had me puzzled today, not sure if it's something to do with the plastic, or the fact that it does not like being rubbed down. The model had been cleaned prior to painting so this is still baffling me for now. I think it needs a little research whilst up at Telford this weekend.


Anyhow, back to removing the primer and to start again.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting, I have used it a few times, and have not noticed that problem, but then again I have never tried to rub it. Did you thin it? Or straight from the bottle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kevin

    It was straight from the bottle, as per the instructions. I'll have to test it out on another model doing the same thing to see if it does it again.

    ReplyDelete