Sunday, 15 January 2012

MiG-31 Foxhound WIP #7

Just a quickie on this project tonight.

I have got some base colour on the MiG at last! First I used some Xtracrylix paint on it first, but I think it does not like Tamiya primer. The paint would not cover the model properly and tended to bead together. That was on Friday night, so today I went over the rough patches with some fine wet'n'dry and tried it again using the Xrtracolor enamel version of that colour. The end result, no problems this time. So this will be left overnight to dry properly before I can mask the nose to paint that. So a little more painting to be done, then decals and final assembly followed by a little weathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment