Tuesday 10 July 2012

New Project "Achilles" Tank Destroyer

I know what you are going to say "Another new project?". Yes, I am afraid it is. The trouble is all of my other ongoing projects at the minute are at stages where I cannot take them to work with me because of various reasons like painting, delicate assembly or their size. So something else was need to fill the time I spend sitting on loading bays, etc.


Work started a couple of weeks ago now, but progress has been slow so far. This kit has a fair bit of interior detail that can be completed before any painting need to be done. I have also got a set of Fruilmodel Sherman Firefly individual link track for this project, so these will take a good amount of time to build them up. But before these get started on, the rolling chassis needs to be dry assembled to get the positioning for the links that are angled where they sit drive sprockets and idler wheels. So plenty of work to be done on this project to keep me busy for now.


I will post some photos of this project in the next few days.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you are going to say "Another new project?". Yes, I am afraid it is. The trouble is all of my other ongoing
    cleaning brushes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't use my Blog to advertise a business that has nothing to do with modelling!

    ReplyDelete