Friday 14 September 2012

A Slow Period Of Modelling!

After my two weeks off work in August, I thought I would have cracked on with some productive model building. But this has not happened! 

I have not been able to do much modelling whilst at work, this is because there has not been any long periods sitting on loading bays, so this had basically come to a standstill on the Achilles Tank which I have had in my work bag. The only productive modelling that has been done, is to finish off the Revell "Tigermeet" Tornado of Kyran's that I started whilst we were away. So what evening and weekend modelling time I have had was spent finishing this.

Last weekend, I decided to have another change around in the workshop. This also gave me a chance to clear out any rubbish lying around in draws and see what part-built kits there are lying around the workshop. Doing this unearthed an Eggplane kit of a P-47 Thunderbolt that Kyran started earlier this year. So last Sunday and Monday evenings were spent finishing that one off. 

Doing this tidy up, has resulted in a little more display space for built models, once I have finished tidying up the mobile shelf unit and moved some boxes onto that one. Mind you, the easiest solution would be to get a bigger workshop/model room. That is the plan when we move to a bigger house in a few years time.

Now onto what I am working on. A little bit more work has been done to the Victor and Vulcan models, cleaning up of filler on the Victor is the main thing done since the last posting. Tuesday evening, I decided to dig out my Revell A-10 Thunderbolt and after a look, the decision has been made to get the thing finished. It has been sitting on the shelf for over 18 months now without any progress. I am at the fiddly detailing stage prior to primer and paint. Will create post on this project later.

Next, the Achilles Tank. Progress has been slow here, not much time sitting around at work. But I have had to take a couple of days off work to recover from treatment to a tendon in my heel, so yesterday I spent a few hours working on the Achilles whilst sitting on the settee. More work done yesterday then the last month on it! The StuG III is at a standstill for now, just need a break from that project for a few weeks.

So, I will take some photos of the A-10 and the Achilles, then post them up here very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment