Just a quickie to bring you up to date on the Thunderbolt.
Over the weekend, I got the cockpit interior painted and assembled ready for fitting into the fuselage. I used a combination of the instruction colours and reference from actual aircraft photos, which showed some discrepancies to the instruction sheet. So I modified my painting to match the photos on the required areas.
The kit supplies a set of decals for the dash, but I was not happy with how they looked and opted to hand paint the dials using reference photos again. I started to dry-brush the dials and switches first with Aluminium, then painted the required colour on each dial afterwards. I finished the dials off with a drop of gloss clear to look like the glass on each dial.
Before assembling the cockpit, I added a few data plates in a few places in the cockpit. The seat is not fitted in place yet as I am waiting for a set of Eduard seat belts to be delivered for it. More updates on this model plus the Hellcat and 49 Mercury soon.