Wednesday 10 April 2013

2007 Nissan R35 GT-R WIP #1

As it has been a couple of months since I finished the Chevrolet Blazer, I needed to do a quick car build to break up the spell of military modelling. Yes, there are a couple of other car projects on hold at the minute, but they are at the awkward stages that cannot be done in the wagon at work, or on the club stand, so a out of the box project was needed.

So after a short time looking through my car model list, I chose to start on the 2007 Nissan R35 GT-R with engine from Aoshima. Work started with assembling the main engine block, suspension and interior painting them as things progressed. The engine has been painted with Alclad Aluminium followed by matt black and burnt iron on detailing. The instructions say to use matt black on the entire interior, but as there is leather and plastic on this car, I opted to use semi-gloss black and use matt black for the carpets, etc. On other parts that have been painted so far, I have followed the instructions but change the silver on the exhaust for Mr.Metalcolor's Stainless. 

Now, choosing the body colour for the GT-R has been a torment, changing from one idea to another. First I was thinking about using Tamiya's Metallic Black with carbon fibre decal on the bonnet and skirts. Next is was dark red to metallic red and then satin black. Then one Saturday I was in Model Zone getting some supplies when I picked up a rattlecan of Tamiya's Metallic Blue. Bang! I have not seen a R35 GT-R model in Metallic Blue on any club stands during show visits. So this was my choice. To get an idea of the colour, look at my Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic model, that is the same colour.

So here are some photos I took tonight of the progress so far. I am still thinking about what to do with the wheels. Do I keep the stock ones? If I do, shall I paint them? Or shall I change them for another set of alloys? I will wait until the project is further down the line and there is some body colour on the car.












No comments:

Post a Comment