Sunday 29 January 2012

49 Mercury Custom WIP #1

This new project is for a group build for Milton Keynes SMC. It's called "Hot Rod Build-off" and was created after a chat between a couple of other members and myself. The idea was for the three of us to build some custom car models. From this, we expanded it to include as many members if they wanted to join in. The rules are very simple;


Donor kit must be 1/24th or 1/25th scale.
The car must be pre-1960 when manufactured.
Donor kit can be either a stock, customed or hot rodded.
Any aftermarket items can be used in the build.
To be completed by the end of October 2012 for Telford.


I have finally decided to go with this kit, but it took me over a month to choose it from my many pre-1960 cars in my stockpile of kits. So far I have only built the basic engine block and gearbox, and cleaned up the body shell. So the only photo going up at the minute is the box. I will take some photos of the model once some more progress has been done to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment