After some thinking over the last few days, I have decided to go with the kit's tracks. The choice was use these or wait until I can pick some replacement ones from the club show in three weeks time. So I started to glue a couple of lengths together to fit under the road wheels just to see what they looked like. For some reason the tracks are handed, but we cannot see why this has been done.
Onto tonight. I know a lot of armour modellers assemble the tracks onto the models before painting them. But I like to paint the individual links, assembled section or vinyl tracks prior to fitting them to the painted hull. Any weathering I can do whilst they are on the model. My method for individual links are to place each one onto the sticky side of some masking tape that has been taped to a board. Spray one side of the track links then replace the tape and turn the links over to paint the other side. It's a tedious task, but it is the easiest way I think to do it.
Another update on this project will arrive in the next couple of days.