Saturday 4 February 2012

MiG-31 Foxhound WIP #9

Well, things are running a little slow at the minute on the modelling side. Work, DIY and ModelKraft have taken over my time recently, which can be a bit annoying at times. I was hoping to have the MiG basically finished by now, with the missiles, externals and undercarriage fitted only leaving me with detailing work to do.


So here is where I am now with this project. The main painting on the fuselage has been done now, leaving the detail painting left to do on it. I applied the decals to the fuselage a few days ago, the problem is, the ones in the box match the box artwork and not the instructions. There was only the main markings decals on the sheet, none of the stencil work was included which is a shame. As can be seen in the photos below, I have started to do the panel lines using "The Detailer" black wash. This product is mainly used in car modelling, but I sometimes use it in aircraft and armour modelling.


Once this little job is finished, I can assemble the undercarriage and paint it before fitting it to the fuselage. The missiles and external tanks still need to be painted and fitted in place before the final weathering can be done. At this current pace, I reckon it will be a couple of more weeks before this one is finished.




No comments:

Post a Comment