Sunday 19 February 2012

MiG-31B Foxhound Finished

The Foxhound is now finished, I added the final parts to it a couple of hours ago. I'll tell you now, for 1/72nd scale, she's a big bird and dwarfed the Airfix Hawk when I sat them next to each other.


After all of the little problems and niggles I had with the kit, the finished model does look okay in the end. But there is a gap in the market for a decent quality 1/72nd scale kit of this aircraft, maybe this is something that Hasegawa, Tamiya or Aoshima could do. Or even Airfix, with the quality of their new tooling on their new kits.


Now back to this model. I am not sure what markings they are that were supplied with the kit, but I will have to do some research to see what I can find out about it. The model was built straight out of the box without any extra detailing done to it. The painting was done following the instructions for the option that matched the box art and the decals were added following the box art too. The paints used on the model are as follows;


Xtracolor X629 Soviet Aircraft Interior Blue/Green = Interior
Xtracrylix XA1130 Gunship Grey = Fuselage Nose and Tail edges
Xtracrylix XA1136 Light Compass Grey = Fuselage main colour
Other various paints from Tamiya and Mr Hobby










No comments:

Post a Comment