Monday 5 March 2012

F-86F-30 Sabre WIP #3

Onwards with the Sabre project. Now that all of the main paintwork has been done, it is onto the application of the decals. These are from Aero Master and so far have been not too bad to add to the model. There has been a couple that have cracked whilst I was positioning them on the model. I am not sure if this was because the sheet had been bent slightly at some point since it was printed, or just the decals themselves. Anyhow, as I am laying them onto the model, I am just using Micro Sol to aid their application. 

First I started putting the markings onto the model, and will add the stencilling afterwards once the first lot are dried properly. Just as I am writing this, the last of the marking decals have been added to the front section of the fuselage. As I had done the rear section a few days ago, I will start to add the stencilling to this section tonight. 



The aircraft I am doing, is the lower one shown on the sheet below which was flown by Lt.B. B. Huffman in late 1955.





No comments:

Post a Comment