Sunday 5 August 2012

The New Airfix P-51D Mustang

Whilst I was in Milton Keynes today, I popped into Model Zone to pick up a couple of tins of paint I had run out of. As I was having a look around, I came across the new Airfix P-51D Mustang in 1/72nd scale. After having a look at the box for a few minutes, I took the plunge and brought one, the Mustang is one of my favourite warbirds.


Anyhow, once it was in my workshop, I opened up the box to have a look at the new tooling. Airfix, well done, the detail is beautiful of this kit. This is the kit with the markings for one of the "Tuskegee Airmen" aircraft, "Lollypoop II". Personally, I think Airfix should have included more of the Red Tails aircraft on the decal sheet in honour of this Squadron, but I suppose they will be plenty of aftermarket decals available soon.


So, I do not think this will be sitting in my pile of un-built kits for long, the temptation will be too much for me to resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment