Thursday, 10 January 2013

96 Chevrolet Blazer WIP #1

Well, here we go again, another "On-hold" project resurrected to the workbench.This is one of the projects I mentioned in my last post, the 1996 Chevy Blazer. I think this was just over halfway through the build when I put it aside after I had some problems with the original paint job on the body. Originally, I was painting this the same green as my Corvette C6, but something went wrong after I sprayed the basecoat and it pitted. So I had to rub the bodyshell down for re-painting. It was at this point I packed it away in the box and left it on the shelf for the last 12 months.

So, over the last couple of days, I have re-primed the bodyshell, sprayed it with Tamiya's Champagne Gold and tonight given it a couple of coat of Tamiya clear. Also tonight, I have finished off the chassis to the point of mounting it under the body and interior. The next thing is to finish painting the interior, it needs another coat. The last coat was brush painted, so I will do the next coat via my airbrush, it will be quicker this way to.

This is just going to be a quick build without any extra detail being added to it. And I might just dirty the Blazer up a little to, we can't have a clean 4X4 can we now! So, out with the airbrush and lets paint the interior.

No comments:

Post a Comment