Wednesday 9 January 2013

What's Next?

This is a dilemma I have every time I finish a project, "What do I do next?".

I suppose this is the dilemma that most modellers go through at the end of each build. 

"Do I start a new project or do I finish a project on hold?"

Well, over the last year, I have finished a few projects that have just been sitting there waiting to be completed. These were the Intruder Tanker, the Grumman Hellcat and the F-86 Sabre, all of which were over a year in their build. My StuG III project was started at the IPMS Nationals at Telford in 2011 and the P-47M was only started in April last year. But as it stands now, there are about nine different projects still on hold for various reasons. Plus there is the Dr Who Tardis model from Airfix that I am building for my grandson, I must get some work done on that soon!

So what do I do? I have toyed with starting on one of my WWII bombers, but which one! There is a Bell UH-1 I am thinking about for a forum competition, or one of my other many kits. You will see here my dilemma in the following photo.


This is just the tip of the iceberg. To the left there is an Airfix 1/24th "Mossey", a Tamiya 1/32nd Tomcat and various other armour, aircraft and car kits buried in this cupboard. And the is two other storage areas with even more kits in them.

So, for now I am going to concentrate on two ongoing builds for now. One is my 96 Chevy Blazer and the other is an Airfix 1/72nd scale Helldiver. These have mainly painting and final building to be done on them. Mind you, there is two Airfix 1/72nd Canberra PR9's I need to start to complete my tribute to 39 Sqdn.

Decisions, decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment