Friday 10 May 2013

2007 Nissan R35 GT-R WIP #3

Just a little update on my R35 GT-R project.

The body was cleared thus showing a small mark in the paint on one side of the body. I decided not to do anything about this as it was not a major issue and the model was only to be a quick OOB build.

Whilst I was at the Automodellismo show last Sunday, detail painting progressed on the bodyshell, bumpers, front panel and glazing. This continued with the painting when I had a bit of spare time during this week, but due to the chaos at work, not much of my modelling jobs got done this week. The front bumper is a little problem when fitting it to the bodyshell. It tends to stick out where the bumper meets the wheel arch. So I have been trying to work out the best way to rectify this little annoyance as straight forward gluing does not work. More on this and if my idea is successful later.

If I really made an effort this weekend, there is a chance I cold get most of this project finished before Sunday evening. But as all you model builders know, there is always something that interferes with your plans, normally the wife's plans!




No comments:

Post a Comment