Monday 18 November 2013

It's been a while!

Hi All

It' s been a while since my last posting on here, but the last month has been very busy with family stuff, a magazine review build and the workload from my job. This has combination of both things has reduced time spent on general modelling, posting on here and trying to update the club's and my websites.

Gama Goat Review Build:

This was the Tamiya Gama Goat pre-release example for the SMMI review build. To be honest, a great little kit with scope for plenty of conversions if you want. I am expecting this to be in this months issue of SMMI, but it has not been confirmed yet. I was hoping to have the model back for the IPMS(UK) Nationals at Telford, but it was still in the studio for photography. So here are a few photos I took on my phone for now.





Mercedes Benz G4:

This went out in last months (November) issue of SMMI and to my surprise it was a three page spread. I compared it to a 1/35th scale version of the G4 whilst at Telford last week, my one dwarfed it. It is also big compared to other 1/24th and 1/25th scale car to.

Wishlist For Next June:

On Saturday morning at Telford, Airfix unveiled a future release from their 2014 range of new kits. This was a 1/24th scale Hawker Typhoon and the detail is fantastic. Remember what their Mosquito was like,  Airfix has carried on with this level of design and properly a bit further. The likes of Tamiya and Trumpter better watch their backs, Airfix is definitely upping their game. Here's a few photos of the test shot builds on display.







Okay, time's getting on and the wife will be shouting for me to go downstairs. So to round off this post, I will finish off with this photo.


My 1/32nd scale Republic P-47M Thunderbolt got a Commended award in its class at the Nationals in the competitions. The competitions were a tough one this year with space running out on the tables and the quality of entrants was excellent. I definitely need to up my level of modelling for next year.

Anyhow, I will try and update my WIP's during this week, things will back to, well kind of normal for a few months.


No comments:

Post a Comment