Wednesday 1 January 2014

Happy New Year!!!!

Happy New Year to everyone.

Well here it is, another year started and time to think about what we are all planning to buy and build this year. Now, the main model I am planning to buy this year, is the new 1/24th scale Hawker Typhoon from Airfix that will be due for release around June/July time. According their website, it will be £99, a little more then they were saying at the unveil at Telford in November. But when you think about it, you are paying over £120 for most 1/32nd scale WWII fighters from Tamiya, so It is work it in my eyes. But as we all know, there is always something else that catches our eyes as we go around the shows!

My main plans for the start of the year is to finish off a few of my on-going projects that are sitting on the shelves in my workshop. The first of these is a Trumpter 1/72nd scale Fairey Gannet AS. Mk.1/4 which is nearing completion at the present time. Adding decals to it tonight and just writing this while some are drying. After this one is done, the Messerschmitt Bf110 will the my next target to get finished after a few months on the sidelines. I just need to finish the main construction work to get it ready for painting. One of my car project might be the next one to dig out, possibly the 53 Chevrolet BelAir which is now a few years behind schedule now. From here, we will just have to see what happens.

Now, onto what I have planned on the new project side. Well, in my stash of kits, I have a Zoukei Mura P-51D Mustang kit. I have been thinking about how to build this model since I brought it on its release. The ideas in my head have come together and I have a vision of what I want her to look like in my head now. So this will be started in the next few months, I hope!

So, have a happy 2014 of model building and keep watching this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment