Thursday 23 July 2015

Ferrari F40 "Blackstar" WIP #1

Well, I was not going to start a brand project, but I fancied a new challenge and this kit has been sitting in the back of my mind for a few weeks now. I picked this Ferrari F40 Blackstar kit up a few years ago. It leaped out at me from a stand and I just had to get it.   The temptation to start it had been niggling at me before we moved last year, but I resisted telling myself to wait until after the move. Now I have succumbed to the little voice in the back of my mind saying, "Build it!".

So, about the Blackstar. This is not a true F40, it was actually one of the eight prototype cars built for testing various elements of the future F40 production model. There are a few slight differences on the car compared to final production car. I will explain more about these later as the build progresses. So building will begin tomorrow evening with the engine to get the main block ready for painting with Alclad.


A mass of parts including hose and wire for detailing the engine, and metal mess for all of the grills on the car.


Just to give you an idea of the size the model will be once it is built. This kit is 1/16th scale, but I also have a Testarossa in 1/12th scale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment