Saturday 17 October 2015

Southwell Model Show 2015

Last Sunday, I made my first visit to Southwell Show which was put on by the Newark and Lincoln Model Clubs. With the move up to Yorkshire, it gives me the chance to visit new shows that were a bit of a journey to travel from our old home. This was only a hours drive down the A1 from my home, I ended up at the Southwell Racecourse where the show is held in the grandstand. Unlike other shows I visit, entry to get in it was free and that was the start to a very pleasant day.

One thing I like about going to these shows, is catching up with friends from around the country and meeting up with other who I have not, but spoken to on sites like Facebook. At this show, I finally met up with Joe Raymond Olmo who I have know on Facebook for a few years, but never actually met face to face. On top of meeting up with friends, there's the joy of shopping. Kits, paints, detailing items, more kits, books and more kits! A lot of self control is needed, and with Telford coming up in a few weeks time, we can end up in trouble when we get home after a show.

So back to this show. Well, it is the type of show that is not too big, and not too small, just about the right size. There was food and beer available to buy along with a comfortable seating area near the entrance. At the end of it, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and the day was finished with seeing XH558 flying back to Robin Hood airport at the farewell tour flight. Yes, I spend a little money. Got two more Minions to build, paints, a book and Airfix's Dambuster Lancaster at a bargain price (new tooling to).

So here are some photos I took around the show, starting with one of the Shackleton's which were one the Bridlington & Wolds stand. Yes, I did say one of, there was two of these birds on here.













































No comments:

Post a Comment