I used a mixture of the paints supplied with the kit and some of the many paints I have to choose from in my stock. The best was I found to apply the Airfix kit paints was to slightly thin the paints and build it up in several layers. Both figures were primed with Vallejo's surface primer, especially for the vinyl parts on them. The Airfix acrylic paint seemed to take to this primer okay and dry without any issues.
Both of the figures has a piece of brass wire inserted into the heals of one of their feet. This was to allow them to stand on the base without the need to glue them onto it. The other reason is to allow them to be removed and pack them away for transportation to a show. The base that they are on at the moment is an old one I had lying around, I just drilled a couple of small holes to stick the wire in to stand the figures up.