Wednesday 11 April 2012

New Project: P-47M Thunderbolt "Wolfpack"

The trouble with my job, is that I can spend a few hours a day sitting around on loading bays waiting to be either tipped or loaded. So I either take my laptop to do some work on, or a model to build. But there is only so much I can do on a model in my cab. This is things like main construction work, bits of painting and general cleaning up of parts. The jobs like spraying and delicate construction are out of the question and they are done in my workshop.


So back to this blog. 


All of my other ongoing projects are at stages where it will be hard for me to do in my cab, i.e., spraying, detail painting and delicate assembly, etc. So a new project was needed to fill this gap. After a few days of looking through my vast stockpile of kits, well, the database, I decided to take this one to start on. 





It is Hasegawa's 1/32nd scale kit of the Republic P-47M Thunderbolt of the 56th Fighter Group "Wolfpack". What can I say, it is a lovely kit from my first impressions. The mouldings are clean, minimal mould lines and flash to clean and great detail on the parts. In truth to the matter, a great kit and I could not wait to get started on it. And that happened today.


So far, I have done the basic assembly of the cockpit and the main undercarriage bays up to the point of painting them. Once I have taken some photos, I will start a new blog for this project over the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment