Well, after a while away from this project, it was time to get back to work on it. The body shell has been painted in the blue and light grey colour scheme and over the last few days it has received a few coats of gloss clear. I gave it another coat tonight and will wait to see how it turns out tomorrow. The bonnet halves still need to be painted yet, this will happen over the next few days. Once I am happy with the finish on the body, the interior will be painted in the colours as par the instructions.
The chassis is basically finished apart from some weathering once the body is fitted in place on it. The wheels still have to have the final coats of clear before the detail painting is done to the rear of them. I wired up the distributor with some plug leads by working out the firing order from a photo I found online, so I hope it is in the correct order.
The next stage will be to spray the seats and folded soft top, before starting on the detail painting, adding some Bare Metal Foil then final assembly.