Thursday 22 May 2014

53 Chevrolet BelAir Custom WIP #4

Now, this has been a very long time coming, getting colour down  on the BelAir's bodyshell. This project must be over four years old now and I have decided that I would like to get it finished by the end of this year, along with the 36 Ford 5 window which has been going even longer than this one.

I finally chose the colour for the Chevy, this being Vauxhall's Prestige Blue off the shelf at Halfords. Both the body and chassis received a few coats straight out of the can, leaving a good even finish. The body has still got to have the clear done once the bonnet is finished getting the final coats of colour. Choosing the colour for this project has been a tedious task, with me topping and changing my mind everytime I looked at the model. But now, it is too late to change now and this is the colour I have settled for. 

More coming soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment