Sunday 13 January 2019

Where Has The Time Gone?

Where has the time gone?

This is what I have been asking myself recently. So I would firstly like to wish everyone a Happy 2019.

 My plans back in May to keep on top of this Blog just went straight out of the window. I cannot remember if I had posted on here previously, but at the beginning of 2017 I set up a local modelling club with two other people. This was going great and the club was growing to a nice size. Then things started to go wrong when one of the co -founders decided that the club was his and it was going to be ran how he wanted it, using bullying methods to get his way. This came to a head last April when I was verbally threatened by him at the end of a meeting, resulting in myself leaving the club and followed by half of the membership. A majority of those who left, including myself set up a new club the following month which has grown to a nice size membership. So my time has been taken up with the setting up of the club, work and doing some decorating around the house. Unluckily, I also had an accident whilst at work at the end of November where I fractured three vertebrae in my lower back. This has laid me of work since then, but I am hoping to be back at work next month if the hospital allow me. But this time off work has also given me a chance to catch up on some overdue projects and get them finished.

So, after that little round up of the chaos that has surrounded me over the last seven months, there has been some modelling done too. The Supermarine Swift FR.5 and Spitfire Mk.Vb " Scramble"have already been posted to the blog last May. So this is the list of completed builds that still need to be added on here.

Volkswagon 230 Gas Generator Beetle
Alvis Scorpion FV101
Lockheed Martin F-117A RAF Scheme
2014 Nissan R35 GT-R
North American P-51C Mustang
EE Lightning F.6 (which was finished in 2017)
McLaren F1
Several More Minions and a bust of Gru
Zombie Hunter Diorama
Hawker Hunter T.7
Inspector Morse's Jaguar Mk.2
Steve McQueen's jaguar XKSS
Shaun The Sheep Tractor
Atlantic Fleet Squadrons F-14A Tomcat (finally finished it!)

I will also do some WIP updates on some old projects and some new ones as I go along. Also to be added, will be a post about the new club and I will try and do some regular updates on the club's activities, etc. So fingers crossed and lets get some typing done and photos added then bring this blog up to date!



No comments:

Post a Comment